If you’re new to tricep dips, start off with your knees bent – which will keep the feet closer – to take some of the weight away from the upper body. Once you’re ready, move the feet away to make the exercise more challenging.
- Stand in front, with your back facing either a bench, step or chair
- Place both hands on the edge of the bench/step/chair just wider than shoulder width a part with fingers facing forwards
- Move your feet forward until weight is transferred to the arms
- Slowly lower the body via bending the elbows – ensure the elbows are pointing behind you and not outwards.
- Try and lower until the elbows are with the shoulders.
- Push back up without locking out the elbows.
- You can progress this movement by moving your feet further out in front of you.